The Jacksonville Landing Announces TaxSlayer Bowl and New Year’s Schedule of Events
The Jacksonville Landing welcomes University of Louisville and Mississippi State fans for a three-day celebration surrounding the TaxSlayer Bowl Game and New Year’s Eve Celebration. The Landing has scheduled a variety of entertainment to appeal to fans of all ages throughout the property.
Activities are scheduled to take place in The Landing Courtyard and inside various Landing restaurants and nightclubs. The complete schedule for this year’s TaxSlayer Bowl and New Year’s Eve Celebration is as follows:
Friday, December 29
1) TaxSlayer Bowl Weekend Celebration The Jacksonville Landing welcomes all fans to celebrate a weekend packed with football, good food, drink specials, entertainment and more! Event schedule includes:
Saturday, December 30
Sunday, December 31
3) TaxSlayer Bowl Pep Rally Dance Party at Mavericks Live. Doors open at 7 p.m. 4) Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows every hour on the hour 6 p.m. – midnight
1) TaxSlayer Bowl Watch Party in Courtyard 12:00 p.m. 2) Jacksonville Light Boat Parade 7:30 p.m. Boats of all sizes dazzle and shine on the St. Johns River as they bring holiday cheer to Downtown. The night is capped off by a dazzling fireworks display featuring the famous sparkling waterfalls from the bridges. Spectacular Fireworks Celebration at 9:30 p.m. 3) Live music in front of the Christmas Tree by Boogie Freaks 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. 4) Live music at Fionn MacCool’s 8 p.m. – 12 a.m. 5) TaxSlayer Bowl After Party at Mavericks Live. Doors open at 3 p.m. 6) Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows every hour on the hour 6 p.m. – midnight
1) VyStar 5K Run 2 p.m. Say farewell to 2017 with a race to benefit Wolfson Children’s Hospital. Awards will be given to the top three men and women overall and in age groups. 2) New Year’s Eve Celebration 4 p.m. – 1 a.m. Say goodbye to 2017 and hello to 2018 with this free event featuring live music, good times, great food, drink specials and FIREWORKS! Event schedule includes:
12 – 4 p.m. 4:30 p.m. 5:00 p.m. 5:30 p.m. 6:30 p.m. 8 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Live music in the Courtyard by Kenny Holliday Band Parris Island Marine Band University of Louisville Pep Rally BGA Band Performances
Mississippi State Pep Rally
Live music in the Courtyard by Austin Park 2) Live music at Fionn MacCool’s 8 p.m. – 12 a.m.
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
7th Street Band Briteside Band City of Jacksonville Fireworks
3) Live music at Fionn MacCool’s Austin Park 9 p.m. – 1 a.m
4) 3rd Annual New Year’s Eve River Bash 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. in Deep Blue. Private VIP access to Jacksonville's NYE River Bash featuring music, food, drinks and the best view of the midnight fireworks! Tickets for sale on The Landing website. 5) 10th Annual Smokin’ Aces NYE Party at Mavericks Live. Doors open at 8 p.m.
6) Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows every hour on the hour 6 – 9 p.m.
After 6 p.m., The Jacksonville Landing will be gated. All persons must be 21 years of age or older or present military I.D or have the TaxSlayer Bowl Patch. Children are welcome with a parent and must stay with the parent at all times.
Entrance and all Landing events are free.