10 Fun Beach Activities to Keep You Fit and Active This Summer!
Jacksonville Fl - Summer is almost over and our fitness partner LA Fitness shared this awesome article with us about ways to have fun while still getting fit at the beach.
It is time to make your beach outings more fun-and fit-this summer! Adding some activities to your beach days will have you soaking up rays from that beautiful summertime orb in the sky, all while burning some extra calories.
- Bocce Ball - 205 calories/hour - Normally played on grassy terrain, taking this game to beach offers a new challenge to this classic game. Not only will the sand slow your roll, but the bumps and dips that sandy beach provides can easily change the direction of your ball.
- Frisbee - 205 calories/hour - This disc throwing activity is a summertime favorite. If you are feeling a bit competitive and you want to burn more calories you can always play some Ultimate Frisbee beach style!
- Horseshoes - 205 calories/hour - Play this classic game on the beach and there is no need for a sandpit; just be sure to set your game up away from other beach goers to be safe.
- Corn Hole / Bean Bag Toss - 205 calories/hour - Similar style of game to horseshoes, this game is kid friendly way to keep the entire family entertained and active.
- Body Surfing/Boogie Boarding - 205 calories/hour - The beach can get hot, so head into the water and splash around while you ride the waves...ocean availability permitting that is.
- Paddle ball - 409 calories/hour - I always knew this game was challenging in the technical sense, but now that I know it burns a lot of calories I think I will be playing more paddle ball on the beach as well!
- Beach Volleyball - 545 calories/hour - Bump, set and spike your way to some intense calorie burning as you soak up the sun. Beach Volleyball is a fast-paced beach activity that works your entire body in all planes of motion.
- Beach football - 545 calories/hour - If you want to burn more calories than simply tossing a football back in forth on the beach, then grab a few friends and make a game of it. Some touch football on the beach is a fun way to burn calories, work all your muscles and enjoy the beach.
- Swimming - at a moderate rate - 477 calories/hour, at a vigorous rate - 682 calories/hour - Swimming is a low-impact, high reward summertime beach activity. Whether you are at a pool, lake or the ocean, swimming is a great way to stay in shape this summer.
- Go for a run along the beach - 10 min. /mile or 6mph - 682 calories/hour - The best part of running along the beach is that when you are done you can hop right in the water to cool off, after burning a ton of calories.